What to Do when Death Occurs
When a death occurs in your family, you will be faced with important tasks and decision-making during a very difficult time. You may not know what to do or when to begin making arrangements. Bearing the responsibility can be overwhelming. Remember that you are not alone. Colonial-Wojciechowski Funeral Homes is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to assist you with the details and offer our guidance. We have compiled the following list to help guide you through the steps you will need to take when a death has occurred. Your funeral director will help coordinate all of the details when you meet for an arrangement conference.
- After a death has occurred, notify Colonial-Wojciechowski Funeral Homes by calling (847) 581-0536 or any of our locations. The following are some questions that we may ask when you call:
- What is the full name of the deceased?
- What is the location of the deceased (Hospital, Nursing Facility or Residence)?
- What is your name, address and telephone number?
- What is the name, address and phone number of the next-of-kin?
- Is there a pre-arranged funeral plan? (If yes, what is the plan name or number?
We will then set an appointment time for you to come to the funeral home to complete the details of the funeral arrangement. We will ask you to bring in some items and information that will be necessary to complete the arrangement. These items will include:
The following form is available as Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)* file for you to download:
» Death Certificate Form
NOTE: Adobe Acrobat Reader software is required to view this file - if you don't already have the Reader installed on your computer, it is available for free from Adobe's website - please click the icon at right to be taken to the download page.